As educators continue to integrate writing into all forms of remote learning — and grapple with the emotional aspects of preparing for the 2020-21 academic year — the Chippewa River Writing Project is offering a one-day mini-conference on Tuesday, August 4th 2020.
Through whole- and small-group Zoom sessions in which we will model our own synchronous online literacy learning for middle and high school students, we welcome up to 90 teachers to join us for the day, and to gain insights on best practices for remote learning.
We will engage in a synchronous Zoom session from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM EST, with breaks, exploring topics such as:
- Teaching the Research Paper They Want to Write
- An Introduction to Blogging
- Portfolios as a Portrait of Growth: Reflection and Celebration
- Digital Writer’s Notebooks
- From Texting to Teaching: Combining Sentences Using Mentor Texts
- Perspectives and Planning: Learning and Teaching in Digital Environments
- Additional breakout rooms and exploration of various technology tools TBD
Registration is now closed.
- Cancellation policy: No refunds available, but registrations are transferable
- Questions? Please contact Dr. Troy Hicks <email@example.com>