Chippewa River Writing Project Flyer – Spring 2018
This spring, the Chippewa River Writing Project is offering four different PD opportunities for K-12 teachers.
We have two sections of a 1-credit course, EDU 508, the College, Career and Community Writers Program:
- CMU Saginaw Center – Feb. 17, March 10 and April 14, 2018
- CMU East Lansing Center – Feb. 24, March 24 and April 21, 2018
We also have two one-day workshops:
- Teaching Argument in the Real World (April 28 on CMU’s main campus)
- From Texting to Teaching (May 15 at the CMU East Lansing Center)
Registration information is available: http://global.cmich.edu/CRWPprofdev
Questions? Please contact us: 800-950-1144, ext. 3718 or 989-774-3718 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Graff and Birkenstein Flyer (8-25-17)
“Academic writing … calls upon writers not to simply express their own ideas, but to do so as a response to what others have said.”
The Chippewa River Writing Project invites you to a conversation with the authors of They Say/I Say: The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing, Gerald Graff & Cathy Birkenstein.
- August 25, 2017
- 3:30 – 5:00 PM
- French Auditorium, EHS Building
- Central Michigan University
For more information, contact Dr. Elizabeth Brockman at email@example.com.
Additional support from the CMU Writing Center and the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
This talk is free and open to the public.