Join teacher, author, and educational leader, Jim Burke, for a day of inquiry based learning.
The Chippewa River Writing Project invites you to register for for a day-long workshop with Jim Burke. During this session, Jim will share his insights about inquiry based learning with secondary teachers. From asking essential questions to generating unit plans, join us as we discover ways to engage students in rigorous instruction that piques their interest, satisfies their curiosity, and leads to greater understanding.
- The $50 registration includes workshop fees, continental breakfast, box lunch, and a copy of Burke’s book, What’s the Big Idea?: Question-Driven Units to Motivate Reading, Writing, and Thinking.
- 8:30 – 3:30 on Saturday October 20th, 2012
- Room location to be determined.
- Additionally, we are applying for .5 SB-CEUs for the workshop.
More About Jim Burke
A teacher for twenty years, Burke is also the author of nearly two dozen books and the creator of the acclaimed English Companion Ning. He has also won numerous awards, including NCTE’s SLATE Intellectual Freedom Award.
For More Information and to Register
- Register by credit card with our web-based registration form. (Link will open in new window with a secure CMU web form).
- Credit card payments will also be accepted by phone. Please call Jamie Fockler, CMU Department of English: 989-774-3172.
- Registration Deadline: Friday, October 5th. Registrations are transferrable, but not refundable.
- Additional support for this event is provided by the Michigan Council of Teachers of English.